Supporting Youth in the Milwaukee, Waukesha and Racine/Kenosha Areas through Caddying, Education, Leadership Training, and Community Service. We prepare young men and women for rewarding lives and application to the Chick Evans Scholarship.
Interested in applying for the Program? Please carefully review the following information.
Then click the link below and complete the application; (be patient, the link takes awhile to load): Caddie Academy Application
BECOME A CADDIE – Young Adults ages 13-16
The Caddie & Leadership Academy provides young men and women the opportunity to learn life lessons through caddying. This program teaches youth to develop interpersonal and leadership skills used both on and off the golf course and through educational grants compensates participants for their Caddie efforts. Leadership, etiquette, communication skills, and professionalism are key tenets of this program, and while carrying a bag of golf clubs is part of the job, this program will make participants better members of society. The Caddie Academy will be held at the following 4 courses in the summer of 2020:
- Meadowbrook CC in Racine
- Brown Deer Park Golf Course in Milwaukee
- The Club at Lac La Belle in Oconomowoc
- Westmoor Country Club in Brookfield
This program will be held approximately mid-June through mid-August at your choice of the courses listed above, and requires attendance/completion of ALL of the following:
- Two training/orientation sessions – Each 2 hours in length (first year Caddies only)
- Weekly leadership workshops – 8 Weeks for 1 ½ hours each workshop
- Volunteer service each month – 2 hours per month totaling 4 hours for the summer
- Completion of bi-weekly work logs detailing progress and learning
- A minimum of 6 loops every 2 weeks for a total of 24 loops over the 8 week summer program.
(A loop is one 18 hole round of golf, carrying a bag and servicing a golfer which takes about 4 hours)
Upon successful completion of bi-weekly responsibilities, program participants will receive $200 every other week (approx. $400/month). Caddies may also receive a tip from their golfer after a completed loop.
For consideration into this program qualified applicants will be:
- In the 13-16 year age range.
- In good academic standing.
- Able to attend and complete ALL portions of the 8 week program.
- Transportation able to 1 of the specified courses above.
- Evaluated on family financial need. Preference will be given to students from families at or under the $75K range for household family income.
Caddying is one of the greatest traditions of golf and it was the primary way youth were introduced to the game. This program strives to bring back this tradition and provides a tremendous opportunity for youth to be mentored by adults regarding life experiences. After successfully completing two summers of caddying, interested graduates will be placed at a country club to continue their Caddie career.
All program participants will be mentored and coached towards the goal of continuing education and gaining consideration for the Chick Evans Caddie Scholarship to a 4 year university.
Apply Here: Caddie Academy Application
UPDATE!! Due to Covid-19, we have extended application deadline to May 26th! We will notify candidates of their acceptance status by May 30th, 2020.